Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Monday, June 16, 2008

100 Wonders of Being Me


Christmas Solo 2005

I got this idea from my friend Michelle; I thought it'd be nice to see if I can come up with 100 info regarding my person. Enjoy reading!

1. My name’s origin is Caroline, the English female counterpart of the name Charles.
2. My husband’s name is Charles
3. I like being Asian (Filipino, Chinese)
4. I’ve been a Feng Shui practitioner since 2002
5. I don’t stress about how I look at any time of the day though I value my hubby’s opinion
6. I am a shirt and jeans kind of girl
7. I don’t like to wear makeup; though I wear them occasionally
8. I’m a three-time C-section champ
9. I can’t swim to save my life, but I love the beach and pools
10. My husband and I are both 1971 babies, but he’s January and I’m December
11. I have three of the coolest kids; they keep me on my toes 24/7!
12. I can’t sleep without my husband next to me
13. I am married to the perfect man- he’s so awesome in his simplicity
14. I have jet black wiry hair
15. I recently fell in love with Asian décor and my hubby loves it, too!
16. Reading and Sudoku calms me down, but seafood drives me wild. I love ‘em, love ‘em!
17. I like to multi-task; I’m obsessed with it
18. I created my own budget system that most would find complicated but it’s actually so easy
19. I love children; as far as I’m concerned, I have 16 children- three’s mine, then there’s Michelle, Tina, Luis, David, Laura, Junior, Taryn, Carter, Kyle, April, Aleah, Abrynn, & Den-den.
20. I was miserable in AZ, but am loving North Texas like crazy!
21. Studio Movie Grills are so awesome- I have to go again!
22. I love my family’s traditions- especially Christmas, Thanksgiving and 4th of July
23. I only like dark chocolate; with the exception of Filipino chocolates- I love them all!
24. I am Filipino btw
25. I am short, but very few things limit me
26. I am a very strict mom- especially on reading and curfews
27. I learn my kids’ homework materials so I can keep up with them
28. I will finally be a college graduate (May 2009)
29. I am a Fall bride- October 1996
30. My dream bedroom can be described in two words- Asian Passion
31. My dream décor in three words- Spanish Asian Fusion
32. I love strappy high heels- my take on “sexy!”
33. I’ve dreamt about my husband since 3rd grade, I knew his name when I turned 12- my aunt gave me the perfume Charlie.
34. I love floral scents- especially jasmines and orchids
35. I can’t stand fruity smells unless they belong to actual fruits
36. “Beautiful, Shi, Jadore”- my main scents that drive my husband crazy
37. I collect dishes for holidays and love to do tablescapes
38. Journaling is not my strong suit
39. I love looking at shoes- strappy ones, remember?
40. I’ve only fallen in love with one brand of purses & wallets- RELIC
41. I love veggies and shakes!
42. I love chocolate ice creams- my fave would be dark chocolate with drk choc shavings, crushed macadamia, pistachio and almonds mixed in. Yummy!
43. I prefer card making to scrapbook albums
44. My clothes have to smell good, or I itch; wacky system- My brand Tide & Downy- blue bottles
45. I love my life- it’s simple, just the way I like it
46. Excel is my bestfriend; not many women can claim that
47. I taught myself how to cook and will soon compile a recipe book
48. I love holding dinner parties- any kind
49. I love to host birthday parties for my kids
50. I don’t do salon mani-pedi’s; I’m too cheap
51. I don’t do massages either
52. I do love to give massages to my family
53. I made 11 meals out of 3 lbs. of chicken
54. Word search is my other weakness
55. I don’t like to sell any of my old stuff; I’d rather give it away
56. I am frugal to a fault; but reasonably splurges on my children
57. Clearance is my other name
58. One of our fave dates is cruising for clearance finds for school items
59. I first held hands with my hubby in a movie theatre
60. My first date with my hubby is a plane ride over San Jose, CA- can you say romantic?
61. I had my first child when I was almost 21
62. I am not allowed to have any more children if I want to grow old with my husband- I’m too small and had 3 C-sections too many
63. I love the game of chess but I can’t play it
64. I am a fan of online games- but nothing that promises cash or token rewards
65. When I read, I have to finish soon, so I can discuss it
66. I am partial to mystery, supernatural and mystical fiction
67. I shave on average every six months- I don’t have much leg hair and they never grow coarse
68. I don’t suffer from daily BO either, I can go without deodorant for as long as I want- recent record, 5 weeks.
69. I love to stock up on food, especially during summer, don’t like shopping then
70. I hate buying toilet paper or sanitary pads- yucky silent reminders
71. I love Febreze, Tide, Downy and Comet
72. I finally have pets- cockatiel, two guinea pigs and a diva of a cat
73. We had nine goldfish, but had to give them away to our family friends
74. My childhood pet was Sultana, my beautiful brown mutt- her name means Muslim princess and she was the best! She was ran over while following me to school.
75. Since 1987, I’ve only been to 6 states: CA, NV, NM, AZ, UT & TX
76. I love rice with everything, but hate pickles, jalapenos, coleslaw and sauerkraut
77. Hate olives, but I love olive oil, especially with lemon and basil
78. Fave sauce; creamy scampi on seafood linguini at Disneyland’s Stromboli
79. I don’t drive and I don’t care that I don’t drive.
80. I love to walk and shop with coupons
81. I love to volunteer in my kids’ school
82. I was an insomniac since my third child was born; TX different story until hubby changed back to night shift- zombie time again
83. I dated my hubby for 3 years, didn’t see him only on three different occasions
84. I learned to type better on my home QWERTY pad rather than a whole semester of Typing class. I wasted $400 in tuition!
85. I feel bad for our storage unit- it’s one box away from throwing up!
86. I look good in dark purple and purple is my fave color
87. But I hate purple cars- only
88. I have an attitude; I’m a certified B****
89. I love that my hubby thinks I’m hot; no other opinion matters
90. One time, I was at a store in AZ, and an 18 year old started talking to me; at the end of it, he asked me to go to his prom as his date- I was 30!
91. In CA, I was 27, and the same thing happened while I was waiting for the bus to come.
92. I dreamt my son joining our family before I got pregnant with him.
93. I fought off doctors and nurses for 18 hours from giving my then 18-month old baby too much anesthesia because they mislabeled her wrist band as a 2.5 yr old.
94. I can’t stand not eating rice for more than a week, I get sick and so do my children
95. The most expensive pair of shoes I own now only cost me $20.
96. I have 4 themes for Christmas; 3 are for each of my babies
97. My ultimate Christmas would be Filipino décor and traditions- wherever we live
98. I don’t like getting haircuts- average every 1.5 years in between
99. I get nervous when I teach anybody anything
100. I don’t like money in my wallet!

No comments: