Friday, March 27, 2009
Here's my list...
"7 Weird Things About Me"
1. I love to stay home; I mean I'm not lazy or anything, just probably the epitome of a homebody. Sure I love to travel, if I can, but between Aruba and my couch with a good book, I say, "Aruba-bye!" and "let me at that book!"
2. Super obsessed with purple! No, not every single thing I own is purple, but to me there is no better color to paint the best things in life with: grapes, eggplants, velvet capes, throws, pillows- you get the idea. If people want your attention, in this day and age, you won't see yellow or red, you'd see purple! You want people to notice something unique, paint it purple. You want a classic elegant look, go deep purple!
3. I can only grow petunias; I guess it's my lack of patience, but c'mon, even my herb pot quit on me, the jasmine plant kept getting munched on by some bug I can't catch, marigolds shrink too quickly, irises take too long to bloom after the first round from the store! Are said "weak" plants still around, sadly yes, but they look so sad- spindly cilantro & parsley, miniature iris leaves, marigolds with tiny blooms... But, petunias, I seem to prune, watch, and bring back to life, making it at least bi-annuals! Does that mean I have "only petunias" thumb?
4. Rather clean the toilet over ironing. Can't handle ironing. Maybe because I'm short and can't handle the insult of that most iron stands, go up to just under the "chest" for me. Hey, if I want to be insulted, I'd rather have my arms free and ache free! At least with toilets, you can fight back with one flush and a brush!
5. I'm the stock up queen! No, not STUCK UP, STOCK UP as in food, necessities, for a rainy day? I have this system down that I've been ridiculed with by reg folks that use their funds for rec stuff they don't even appreciate or end up collecting dust in one corner of their house (their excuse, they have no time- yeah right!) Well anyway, I go major Costco shopping twice a year, refill up the freezer every month or two, and refresh the fridge every two weeks. Why? Why? Didn' t I just say I'm the STOCK UP queen?
6. I am most coherent when I'm upset! So watch out, if you find that I keep making sense during our conversation while I'm pummeling you with accurate aims at the weak points of your character, you know I'm upset! Normally, I like to daydream and think of my darling babies...
7. I don't like solicitors and the stupid ones at that! If you're going to solicit me for something, don't use the "disarm you with warm greetings and small talk" because if you can see me then, you'd see raised eyebrows, going "what does he want and when can I tell him, no thank you?" The stupid ones, where they think they can intimidate you by being covert or mysterious ("Hello, is so and so there?") and not tell you who they are ("Are you so and so?") or who they work for ("I can only speak to so and so, is he/she available?), do they really think I'll keep them on the phone?
As I've said, S-T-U-P-I-D!
And we've reached the end of this segment of how weird I really am. Bye.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Megan of Infertile Myrtle shared this blog friendship award to those who visit her blog. I was one of the lucky ones that visit her, so... Now, I share it all with you!
If you think or know I'm a true blog friend and you'd like to continue or start becoming one of my true blog friends, please accept this generous award. If not, take it anyway and pass it on to your true blog friends. The point is keep sharing...
I also created an award for all bloggers. Blogging has been very therapeutic for me and am very sure most of you feel the same way, so take this award and also, share with those you deem fabulous enough who also has a blog!
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
All day today, I couldn't stop thinking of you and now, a part of me which loves you and your family can't help but make this little token. As my daughters often point out, "we are heavenly sisters, so we always love each other." So, as my heavenly sister, I offer you a token of my love to help ease a little bit of the pain...
I hope you don't mind... Knowing you, I can almost imagine how beautiful Britta is. She has been appointed to watch out for your family from heaven and fulfill a mission only she can do... I hope that you would take this token and put it in your blog so that as this post becomes old, my memory will be refreshed each time...
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Take me for example, my brief stint in Gilbert and Mesa, Arizona was wrought with misery. Not because it was a bad place where we were, but I found me miserable because as I've previously mentioned, I'm Asian and from a tropical island called the Philippines. I couldn't handle the heat, the dry and the dust. I remember feeling very claustrophobic in our very first apartment in Gilbert, it was dark, we were the bottom apartment and we faced a main road that blasted dust into our patio day in and day out. I went insane! We transferred to an upstairs one and I was happy for a while but our bottom neighbors couldn't handle the noise of small children and constantly told on us at the office and blew smoke upwards through our balconies! We were veritable prisoners!
Then of course, we transferred to the ASU Williams Gateway Housing and each morning was so quiet and deserted that I thought I would crawl out of my skin! I didn't want to be happy anymore... I just wanted to get out!
But life has a way of turning things around... I have met a handful of women that have truly left a lasting impression in my heart and each of them I still care for. The fact that we have found each other through our blogs, show me that we have yet to care for each other. Each one was an example of love, patience and motherhood to me that I can never learn on my own. (I hope they don't mind that I comment on their blog the moment they post, lol) We celebrate each other through different means and find ways to strenghten our bond despite the different directions our lives have lead us. Blogging, I think is purely inspired...
I love my children so much that I am a "Motherhood" student still hoping that someone would be smart enough to compile all successes and give it to me personally! But until then, I continue to be in awe of these few women that have shown me that home is where I make it to be. A handful of them is all that made me feel grateful I am a mother during stressful times, but it is enough.
Their triumphs, joy and pain, I feel... I want to run to them and rescue them from their hurt. And someday, somehow, I can do that for them, even just to say- "Thank you for teaching me to be a better mother."
Right now, we are all mourning with our dear friend, Crystal Eldredge and her husband Spencer , for losing their son, Sage, at 8 months old last Thursday. Each of us have known Crystal in our own special way and along with the entire Eldredge and Reidhead families, express our love and concern. She is one of those examples that shines without anyone's help. She is simply amazing in all that she does and still find time to compliment others. Some of us will come to her side, some will send their love and some, like me, will say goodbye to Sage the same way as Crystal on Wednesday, even though I am two states away. Life, no matter how you define it, is a gift to cherish and when given the chance to flourish, has a way of binding people; and children is the best glue there is...
I can tell you that this precious little boy's name was also inspired; he certainly HEALED his parents of any void they were feeling in their lives and WISDOM to know the truthfulness of the gospel when he joined them, though briefly... That is how I feel about all of my children, and on Wednesday morning, they will join me in releasing colorful balloons in honor of
Sage Lawrence Eldredge
Thank you Heavenly Father for granting my desire to be a mother to prepare me to meet these ladies that will always be a part of me...
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Pick the month you were born:
March--------I karate chopped
May----------I jumped on
July-----------I did the Macarena With
August--------I had lunch with
September----I danced with
October-------I sang to
November-----I yelled at
December-----I ran over
Pick the day (number) you were born on:
7-------my mobile phone
9-------my best friends' boyfriend
11-------my science teacher
14-------a stuffed animal
19------ - a smurf
20-------a baseball bat
25-------a football player
30-------a homeless guy
What is the last number of the year you were born:
1--------- In my car
2 --------- On your car
3 ----------- In a hole
4 ----------- Under your bed
5 ----------- Riding a Motorcycle
6 --------- sliding down a hill
7 --------- in an elevator
8---------- at the dinner table
9 -------- In line at the bank
0 -------- in your bathroom
Pick the color of shirt you are wearing:
White---------because I'm cool like that
Black---------because that's how I roll.
Pink-----------because I'm NOT crazy.
Red-----------because the voices told me to.
Blue-----------because I'm sexy and I do what I want
Green---------because I think I need some serious help.
Purple---------because I'm AWESOME!
Gray----------because Big Bird said to and he's my leader.
Yellow--------because someone offered me 1,000,000 dollars
Orange--------because my family thinks I'm stupid anyway.
Brown---------because I can.
Other----------because I'm a Ninja!
None----------because I can't control myself!
This is so cute! Thanks, Melissa! Make sure to write in the comments what your funny sentence is!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
1. Candy is like a candy container after an evening of trick-or-treating.
2. Candy is like asking a parent which child is his or her favorite.
3. Candy is like borrowing from your best friend.
4. Candy is like diamonds and how crystal molecules form.
5. Candy is like that seed planted by the sower in the parable spoken by Jesus in Matthew 13.
6. Candy is like your crazy old grandma-who-never-throws-anything-away.
7. Candy is like dipping an apple into caramel and then dipping that into chocolate.
8. Candy is like my enemy too….but i still will die for it!!!
9. Candy is like reaching the next level in a love affair: It's familiar yet filled with passion and surprise.
10. CANDY IS LIKE THE BEST PINK THING EVA!
I love 8 & 10! I think they best describe me, lol!
How did yours turn out? Make sure you Google your first name and "is like" in quotations to get the best results. Try to see what the first 10 results say about it. Have fun!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
- I'm THANKFUL for my internet back after 12 hours.
- I'm THANKFUL that my children are safe back home from school.
- I'm THANKFUL that I was kept safe walking to and from the store today.
- I'm THANKFUL that I have a great next door neighbor, Annette.
- I'm THANKFUL that I'm almost done with school.
- I'm THANKFUL that we have ice cream to pacify the kiddos.
- And lastly, I'm THANKFUL that I get to enjoy my dishes and add more with my uber clearance finds!
What are you THANKFUL for today?