Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Room by Room Feng Shui- Bring on the good luck!


This month, we will focus on the top three of the bagua: Wealth, Fame, and Love

Who doesn't want their bleak luck to change? But did you know that in Feng Shui, there are three areas that are intertwined with luck and prosperity that their colors even match or strongly compliment each other?

Again, from your front door, with the bagua, identify these areas. If you have an open area, these areas stop at the very back wall.

Inviting Wealth: Purples, Reds and Blues would be good here. So those that love burgundy or red, you're set. Clean this area and keep it neat and accessible. Dust and place something of value like a jar of coins or a favorite figurine fitting for the room. Add to the coin jar everyday or keep the the figurine clean or a purple plant healthy. In my apartment, this area fell into the bottom of the stairwell. The only thing that could fit in was our shoe cubbies, so by keeping the shoes in pairs, in good condition and neatly tucked in, I am showing off my "wealth" and therefore, inviting more wealth chi that normally would be lost if kept messy!
By doing these little changes in this needed area especially in this economy, you are activating the chi that invites more opportunities to bring in more wealth. (Of course, you can do all of this but if you are lazy and not proactive in helping yourself bring in more wealth and maintaining it, nothing will help you! Just sayin'...)

Establishing Fame & Reputation: Red is the strongest activator for this area- the middle back wall or room. We can all bring in more luck and prosperity by having a reliable reputation and making good friends, so to activate this area, place a prominent red anything on the middle of this area. Do not put a fountain, as it water can drown, it can overwhelm this chi and ruin chances for you.
On my wall, I have great sayings and round candles on wrought iron wall candle holders. The flame activates it and the "climbing" effect of the stairwell gives us opportunities in upward ways.

Improving Love and Relationships: Mine fell in my laundry room which makes it hard to keep clean, but by just doing laundry and tidying things up while I'm in there, I "refresh" my love for my children (especially when I smell their clean clothes!) and I remember more family related things. Activate your with a sweet memento from your family; even the act of placing an family album or your phone contact book here will help activate it. On the wall, a painting of a beautiful home or two people in love or laughing children will strengthen it.

With March as the month to kick off Spring, this new season is perfect for new opportunities and refreshing relationships to reestablishing your loving natures and good reputation.


Take Note: Wealth is best invited when it is shared with those you love because they are the ultimate source of your fame which gives you your best reputation...

1 comment:

The Stylish House said...

Chandy,
I love your Feng Shui tips, the subject intrests me! Pretty blog also. Cathy