Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just A Token...

Anne, I hope you see this post. My heart couldn't help but be heavy for you losing Britta when she was little. I wished I knew you then and had the opportunity to help comfort you...
All day today, I couldn't stop thinking of you and now, a part of me which loves you and your family can't help but make this little token. As my daughters often point out, "we are heavenly sisters, so we always love each other." So, as my heavenly sister, I offer you a token of my love to help ease a little bit of the pain...

I hope you don't mind... Knowing you, I can almost imagine how beautiful Britta is. She has been appointed to watch out for your family from heaven and fulfill a mission only she can do... I hope that you would take this token and put it in your blog so that as this post becomes old, my memory will be refreshed each time...


1 comment:

Hansonpatch said...

You are so sweet. I love you and am grateful that you are my heavenly sister. I think that hearing about Crystals loss was so hard because I know her. She is strong, faithful, beautiful, and kind. If there was ever someone who should never have been put through the acute pain of this type of loss it is her. It is also hard to know what to say to someone at a time like this, you might have been there at one time, but being there makes it that much harder because you become aware that there is nothing that will take the ache immediately away. Company is great because you can't spend time alone thinking about every last detail, but the ache and longing to hold your infant in your arms continues for a long time. Once you have felt it, you long for no one else to ever have to go through it. Having great friends will be a huge comfort for her, and you are on that list I am sure!!!