Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Monday, June 16, 2008

The year after...

Well... We still love it here! I can't believe how much time has gone by, but Carrollton has been nothing but a blessing to us. We love the people around us and everyone's adjusting better than expected, especially me! It's been great! For me, it's like being in Manila and Texas at the same time- it's my little piece of heaven. Here's some of the highlights of this past Spring...

Berry picking, making cobbler, banana bread and shakes, bowling, swimming, growing basil, getting a patio set and a grill and having our friend Michelle come and visit for over a week and winning a fancy birthday cake for my soon to be 9-year old Jasmine from a church activity service auction.

As I've said before, life can be simple and rich at the same time, you just have to mix in some of your secret candy and you're set! Make do with what you have and don't be afraid to live the way you can because everything has limits except for your own imagination.

Laugh as much as you can, cry when you need to but love all the time.

No comments: