Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

C is for Charity

I love reading Lara's blog. Her and her other amazing friends or throngs of followers, come up with the coolest memes that I just had to bring on to my blog. It was fun to read what she came up with (I love the larynx one), so I hope you do it and see what you can come up with.

Man, I don't know how many things I LOVE can come out of the first letter of my name, but I guess I'm off to a good start with Charity since it is also likened to Love in the scriptures! Yay!!!

("Brain", help me out here... You had your fun at Walmart. Now time to earn your keep for something else other than bargains, ok?")

Charity. What can you say that it doesn't already imply? It oozes of kindness, compassion, patience, sacrifice and all things good. How can you not want to have it in your personality file?

Jesus Christ. He invented Charity with Heavenly Father, for us. 'Nuff said.

Charlie. My mahal or beloved in Tagalog (Philippine language). He's everything I asked for from Heavenly Father and more. I love him, love 'im, loooove him! How can you not love a guy who whisks you off to the sky on the first date? Or tells you, he thinks he loves you because he wants to give you the world after only a month of knowing you and proves it?

Chocolate. First it's yummy; the darker the better for this Filipina! Not to mention all the "good" stuff to love like it being labeled an aphrodisiac or happiness booster. Even without all the hype and nutrition goodness, I'd still eat it. Have you smelled one lately? (I seriously agree with "Brain"; she thinks it's the original ambrosia of the gods...)

Centerpiece. This is actually one of the fun aspects of tablescaping that I love! Being on SS Creative to see what could go on the table to enhance the dining adventure, nothing beats that cruise! The sky is the limit, flowers are no longer the only holder of this awesome title. I should know I've made a few in my lifetime.

Children. Just like Lara, I love my children best, but since I was a kid, I felt compassion (hey, another C!) for all the little ones. I think maybe that's why my fave calling of all is Activity Days and Nursery. Love playing and teaching them, though just as nervous about teaching these souls closest to our Lord and Heavenly Father. As for my three little ones, I can't get enough of them, especially when they fall all over themselves trying to sniff me! (apparently, they miss my smell while they're in school. Gotta love that!)

Cars. What a great and inspired invention! Though I love walking, cars certainly help with reaching otherwise far destinations that may just be adored in pictures! I think I was born in the era of cars because there was no way I could've survived without them. Though I don't drive myself, I've funded quite a few, so yes, I have a certain level of love towards these marvels.

Christmas. Remembering the Lord's humble beginnings always make my heart pump faster with gratitude and humility. And that is a good thing, I realize how lucky I am to be here, knowing and studying of His mission, for me and all of us. It is my favorite time of the year, hands down.

Cleanliness. What else is there to say?

Courtship. I love this phase of falling in love. The heart-melting first impressions, the romantic dates, the love notes and the copious amounts of time spent in the bathrooom looking just right for that special someone. I feel like that when Charlie tells me we're going out somewhere nice. I feel courted all over again.

Wow, I came up with 10 C's! Alright! I'm sure I can come up with more, but I don't want Blogger to shut down this blog, lol!

Why don't you try? And if you LOVE shopping at Target, try your luck at my other blog, What Now? Tablescapes. I'm closing the Giveaway at Midnight tomorrow!

(Thanks, "Brain"... I knew you'd come up with some good ones.)

Now, it's your turn to list all of your LOVES... ("Brain said so." :-D)

5 comments:

Lara Neves said...

Hey, how lucky are you that Charlie and Carolyn start with the same letter? Great list!

Hansonpatch said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone knows Lara. I know I am glad I do! Great list, and great idea!

Chandy said...

I know it's so fun to do! Try it, Anne and see what you come up with.

Lara, you rock with these memes!

Melissa said...

What a great list! Cute, Cool, and Clever!

Chandy said...

Hey, more C's! Thanks, Melissa for adding to the list! Shhh... we won't tell Blogger.
:-D