Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Room by Room Feng Shui- Master Bedroom

Feng Shui your Budoir just in time for Valentine's Day!



When it comes to our Master Bedrooms, we need to make sure that it is the room that should envoke tranquility, harmony, love and passion between any MARRIED (man and woman) couple that shares it. So here are some tips you can do to bring some immediate rush of romance into this special place.

1. Box up all those papers cluttering the room. Either get beautiful lidded containers or baskets and stack up nicely in the corner if you can't take them out.

2. Find inexpensive solid colored sheets- red, pink or white. If white, accent with romantic colors or your fave shade.

3. TWO is the color of unity and love, so make sure to place things of two in your room- pictures of two blooms, two hearts, picture of the two of you, or a statue of a couple.

4. Bring out the extra pillows- accent your bed for romance, so fluff up those suckers and place them in the center for a focal point.

5. If you have a mirror facing the bed, find a way to soften it by temporarily covering it. Nothing kills a romantic evening than to start criticizing yourself in front of the mirror. Make the two of you the focus of the bedroom.

6. Candles accentuate romance and strengthen passion, so get them in different sizes and spread them in two's around the room. Of course, be safe about it...

7. Don't forget to air out the room before you start any "redesign", to cycle in the good chi and cycle out the stagnant chi. Dust the shelves and vacuum the floor.

Keep the passion alive by leaving the candles and sheets for about a week. Remembering the passion from the night before can lift up your spirits and spread the love around to the other rooms of your home.

Alright, go and attract love and passion into your Master Suite! That's what that room is for! Go on, go on!!!

8 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

I have a BEAUTIFUL large spacious Master bedroom. My husband refuses to let me do anything to it. It is just a dumping zone for crap. It makes me so sad. I want to paint and decorate and hang curtains. Not 1 decoration is on the wall. We have lived here in our new home 2 years and nothing. I keep saying I would love this or that and he just thinks its a waste of money.

Chandy said...

Sorry Crystal... :-(

Maybe, he just wants to wait until he can make both your wishes for the Master Suite come true in one shot. That would be great, wouldn't it?

Little GrumpyAngel said...

This is way helpful! Did I tell you before that I read and own feng shui books? But I think I'll just ask you questions from now on instead of pull them down from my book shelf.

Chandy said...

Thanks, Marivic! I'd love to answer any question on it. It'll help me refresh my own chi of creativity.

Love ya and your blog! :-D

Jewel Allen said...

I have my work cut out for me in the master's bedroom, a corner of which doubles as my writing area.

I used to be like Crystal, and then I just put down my foot and pushed for a beautiful robin blue color. I love it. Paint's not all that expensive.

Chandy said...

Pink: I know, part of my room is where my laptop is for school, so we looked for a spot where it can rest when we want to feel like we're in a bedroom and not a classroom desk! :D

CynthiaK said...

You have inspired me! Rowr!!

And, thanks for stopping by Crumbs!!

Chandy said...

Hi Cynthia! I re-read the "pooped" post to my daughter and she loved it! Thanks for visiting!