Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Can Stand To Lose a Few...


I guess as Spring comes, it is more apparent that weight loss is at the top of the agenda list for most people. Since I belong to this global conspiracy called human race, I might as jump into the band wagon and lose a few, (ahem) 20 lbs!

Starting today! (Did I really just think that?!)

Oh, well... I can do this right? I took a semester of Food and Nutrition class and I've reaped the benefits in how I feed my children. They would gladly tell you, "We're still alive!" So that must mean I'm doing good right? ;-)

Ok, here I go...

BREAKFAST:
*** Small bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds & milk

LUNCH:
*** Olive oil & Garlic Pasta w/ Broccoli - 1 bowl
*** Corn - 1 cup
*** Ice Water - 2 glasses

VITAMIN:
*** Centrum Complete
*** Water- 2 glasses

SNACK:
*** Apple Slices -3
*** Water- 2 glasses

DINNER:
*** Crab Bread Quiche- 1 slice
*** 1 cup rice with Spam
*** Ice Water- 4 glasses

ACTIVITY:
*** Washed dishes and cleaned stove, again!
*** Did laundry
*** Organized some more
*** Took more pictures
*** Baked two cookie batches
*** Made dinner
***Blogged

Ok, that wasn't so bad... Wish me luck for tomorrow, though, I'll need it!

No comments: