Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hmmm...

"A good design is all about balance." - Karen McAloon (Find Your Style)

"Growing up in suburbia gave me an aversion to sameness,..." - Kim Myles (Myles of Style)

"...get back to the basics." - Kristan Cunningham (Design on a Dime)

"Everyone likes different things from different rooms, and determining your personal style and how you want your room to feel is a key step..." - Vern Yip (Design Star/Deserving Design)

"People are afraid, very afraid of color." - David Bromstadt (Color Splash)

"...your master bedroom should appeal to buyers of both sexes." - Lisa LaPorta (Designed to Sell)

Getting a pattern yet? All of these design philosophies and observations have been encompassed in the practice of Feng Shui! Here's a good summary of how a good design can bring the impact you are looking for:

"Keep in mind that everything in your space has a voice to it..." - Stephanie McWilliams (Fun Shui)

That means, just because you brought it in to your space or you displayed it does not mean that it suits you or the room you placed it in. It can mess with your natural chi balance by either revving up the extremes of your personalities or further drag what you are trying to change about yourself and your space. It's all about harmony and balance between you and your space. In other words, Feng Shui...

2 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

I have been rearranging my entire house! My husband has been so thrilled about it! I think my looks and feels better!

Chandy said...

Great job, Crystal! Show a picture soon!