Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's in Your Pot?

Since I'm Filipino, LDS and a mom, I wanted to find who else in the blog galaxy are in these same boats with me. I found Grumpy Angel and Pink Ink. Both blogs are hilarious and thought provoking! For example, while cruising for updates on the blogs I follow, I saw Pink's new post, "Refilling the Pot" which is about making yourself do other things that make you feel alive and appreciate your life and what else is out there.

Katherine Anne Porter: Our being is subject to all the chances of life. There are so many things we are capable of, that we could be or do. The possibilities are so great that we never, any of us, are more than one-fourth fulfilled.

Leo Buscaglia: Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God.

Henry David Thoreau: Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake.

After pondering these quotes, I figured out which things I would like to fill my own pot with...

1. Go to Disneyland again, this time with our children
2. Travel more
3. Continue to do tablescapes and maybe have a blog just about it.
4. Teach more people about Feng Shui- be certified
5. Learn to sew and make something
6. Learn to grow orchids (and keep them alive!)
7. Get started on my scrapbooking (again!)
8. Own a house
9. Bake more
10. Walk more
11. Go on a lobster boat and witness lobster harvesting
12. Go clamming on a gorgeous beach
13. Visit Spain, China and Canada
14. Focus time on genealogy
15. Learn how to drive and swim

What would you fill your pots with?

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Great list, CC!!

And thanks for the shout-out. I'm always excited to find fellow Pinays like you.

Go on a *lobster boat* sounds very interesting. However did you come up with that one?

Chandy said...

Hi Pink! My dad used to go to Palawan Islands where he saw some blue lobsters trapped in a sand ditch. Since then, we've talked about going lobster hunting in PI, but then he passed away before I could come home...