Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Here's to New Beginnings...


Hello everyone, or someone who may be free enough to be following this blog. (You or all of you make my heart puff up with joy, just knowing you even read this blog, lol!)

The last part of 2008, I focused a lot on my family blog, but I was thinking, if I'm going to add three more blogs to this one, I should be able to maintain this one just fine, right? Right!

So, here's to new beginnings and new goals. My goal is to be able to have more of my thoughts and reflections on what makes my heart sing, my eyes to widen, my breath to catch in my throat and my brain to keep firing. It's the best resolution I can start with, to be more proactive in recording how I see the world. And to any naysayers out there, "to each his own!" These are my own personal logs and I'm entitled to them. I don't have to use any distracting or scandalous adjectives or verbs to gain an audience, I have a fat account in my lexicon bank and I am not afraid to use them to get my point across!

Just to review: I...
- don't cuss (anymore since the early 90s)
- think cussing is disgusting (I can't believe I did back then)
- am all about my children (love, love them!)
- do not offend easily (only 3 things actually)
- love my life now
- love the color purple (on anything, but cars!)
- have a great, wonderful, awesome husband (too much billing?)
- few, but unbelievably awesome friends
- am a Latter-day Saint
- am not afraid to tell people what I think
- love doing tablescapes
- love finding good in everything and everyone
- love the Philippine culture and its people
- love living simply, and simply living (with practical limitations)

Now that's out of the way, it's up to you if you still want to follow this blog, if you do, I thank you, if you don't, no skin off my back!

Having just ranted all that, I'll see you next post!

My life now... my then dream "secret candy"!

5 comments:

peachytiffers said...

I read it when you post on it. :) This is totally random, but I tried to make Lumpias for New Year's. I ran into a lot of problems trying to find the wrappers and it didn't taste as good as I've had in the past, but it's just going to take some practice. Anyway- I thought about you the whole time and how you so lovingly taught me. :) Thanks!!

Crystal Eldredge said...

Hello, I love reading your posts! I have such a hard time with cussing. I know it is an ugly nasty habit. I know we will be judged by our words, thoughts and deeds. Some of my words not so pretty. I do however work on this fault daily. DAILY. So one day it will stop! Light at the end of the tunnel!

Unknown said...

Well, you just made my day! Not only is your blog posting so heartfelt and inspiring...but I also got a big grin on my face when I saw my very own show on your Gratitude list. I'm the host of "Fun Shui" on HGTV...and it means the WORLD to me that there are people like you out there looking to change your life and make a difference.

Keep doing the great work you're doing! And feel free to email me directly if you have any great feng shui questions or stories to share!

Lots of love to you,

Stephanie (McWilliams)

stephanie@evolvingarts.com
www.evolvingarts.com

Chandy said...

Thanks, ladies! I love visiting your blogs, too, it makes my day or week. So, keep writing... :D

Jewel Allen said...

You go, girl!!