Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Love the girls, no matter what..."



Most of you know that I used to be the Activity Days Leader for the Gateway Ward in Gilbert, AZ for two years. I am glad to announce that I still hear about most of them. And they have done great! Check this out:

Lisa Thompson(16)- NJHS; 5th in Regional Spelling Bee; AP classes; Math UIL; AC DEC Medalist and District Choir Champs

Tina Wilbur(16)- Early HS graduate; lost 30lbs; going to comm college next sem

Brittany Rowe(15)- Academics; Band

Kamry Brower (13)- School sports

Kaitlyn Lang (15)- School Drama

Jennifer Malmin (13)- Academics;Sports

Caitlyn Hanson (13 or 14)- Academics

and now

Kaylie Minson (13)- Academics; NJHS (National Junior Honor Society)

I can't help but feel very pleased with these girls. They were great then, now and I know that if they keep it up, the world is theirs to mold according to Heavenly Father's plans for them. It was a real honor to have known these girls. I loved them then and I still love them now, "no matter what"...

4 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

That's amazing you've been able to keep in touch with them and keep up with their progress in life. You must have left quite a mark on their lives.

Chandy said...

Thanks, Pink! I'd like to think so... Actually one of them, will be visiting me soon!

They are just awesome!

Eldredge Family said...

I agree with everything Pink Ink said! You touched my life and you were not even my leader!!

Chandy said...

Crystal, you are such a riot! Well, I loved being a VT because of you and Heidi, thanks for that!