Mouth-watering Memoir

My paternal grandmother, Lucena Ravelo Lacho used to say, "Candy, I'm happy. You know, I just live the simple life..." It's true, if we are happy with what we have, we see the beauty in its simplicity. I miss her so much... I love her so much more.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Violet, Aubergine, Eggplant, Grape


If you currently have color on the brain, you guessed it, all of the above are shades of the most beautiful, wonderful, regal color- PURPLE!

I just plain love it! I have since I was a kid owning her very first box of crayons on the first day of 1st grade. It is the color of royalty, the color of wealth and the color of my "best me" feeling. One look at its many shades, and I immediately feel better, happier and more content. Grape is one of my favorite fruits...

I was even absolutely giddy (and would've bought it all if I had the moola) when the purple-inked pen came out back in high school.

Right now, I love the darker shades- you know, aubergine or eggplant? It's sophisticated, powerful and romantic at the same time! I love it, love it, love it!!!

Can you guess where I have this in our current abode? Think smiles...

Let me know...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Room???
Purple is my 3 year old Abby's most favorite color. She doesn't care what it is just as long as it is purple. She makes me laugh.
I get the same feelings about yellow. It just makes me happy. ;o)

Chandy said...

Go Abby! That's my girl! :P

Yeah, a whole room!